Day 57: Decelerator – A NEW WORKOUT!
I’m on the final stretch!
Yesterday I was feeling exceptionally good about the gains I’ve made this last chunk of time, and just as my arrogance knew no bounds, I started a new workout(!) with today’s Decelerator. Some of the moves have been used in other P90X3 workouts, so I’ll skip the explanation for older moves.
- Bounding Squats – Very much an agility move. You leap to a corner of an imaginary box, landing on one foot and holding.
- Crane Cracker Push-ups – THESE KICKED MY BUTT. I in no way can do this move. I tried my hardest. Heck, I just spent the last 45 minutes researching videos online of how to do this balance move and trying their advice… Nope! Scarlet, my usually very supportive dachshund, I’m sure was giggling like crazy. I fell on my face the last time. You do a push up then pull your right knee up to your right elbow. Put the weight of your right leg on your bent right elbow, lean forward, and lift your left leg. Nope… Not yet, but it WILL BE DONE!!!
- Good God Squats – With a flat back parallel to the ground, do squats on your tiptoes.
- Elevator Pull-Ups – Just like elevator push ups but on the pull up bar. Think bottom floor, middle floor, top floor, holding as Tony calls out which floor you pull up to.
- 2-Pop Hop – Standing in a low squat, jump up landing on one leg. Slowly lower into a one leg squat for 3 counts then put your other foot on the ground and continue to lower for 3 more counts. Switch sides.
- Crawly Plyo Push-Ups
- Holmsen Screamer Hold – Start in a low lunge. Leap into the air landing on one leg. Slowly lower yourself on one leg back into the lunge.
- Chin Pulls – Do a chin up. While holding your body at the top, raise your knees to your torso. Lower your entire body.
- Joel Jump Freeze
- Starfish Push-Up – Do a push up then roll into a side arm balance with arm and leg raised.
- Duper 2
- Vaulter Pull-Ups
- Elevator Tiptoe Squat – In a wide leg squat, raise up on your toes for the whole move. Much like elevator pull-ups but with wide leg, tiptoe squats…
- Superman/Bow – Superman on your stomach transitioning into Bow pose. Repeat.
- Spinning Plyo Squat Lunges – Hop back and forth from a parallel squat to right leg lunge to squat to left leg lunge to squat to complete 180…. continue this loop for 1 minute.
- Big Brother Burpees – Do a push up. Crunch your right knee to your right elbow. Roll into a right side arm balance. Jump your feet to your hands then leap up into the air. Repeat on the other side, again and again…
This workout was hard! I really enjoyed it though and look forward to improving that dang crane cracker push up move… I WILL get it.
One of these days.
For dinner: sauted asparagus, a fried pastured egg, and a pinch of fresh parmesan.