Black Bean Protein Brownies
This is a John-Approved desert that you can feel good about as you get 8g of protein per serving and far less sugar than any other brownie with only 8g. And these aren’t tiny servings; I calculated nutrition based on 9 brownies per 8×8 pan.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used a single serving packet of Jay Robb)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder for baking
- 1/4 cup Truvia baking blend
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 TBSP honey
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- optional cacao nibs and cinnamon to sprinkle on top
In a food processor or blender, mix all ingredients until smooth. Pour into a greased 8×8 pan and bake 18-20 minutes at 350.
I ❤ that the recipe uses stevia in combination with 2 natural sweeteners that actually have some nutritional value. These brownies are of the cakey variety and super delicious.
You are welcome. 🙂
Nutrition calculated with My Fitness Pal.